Strawbery Banke Museum Press Kit
The museum welcomes press inquiries and requests and does its best to accommodate them as quickly and completely as possible. Please direct all inquiries to:
Veronica Lester, Director of Marketing
Click here for information about commercial filming on site.
A few tips for media:
- The name of the museum is Strawbery Banke Museum (one 'r' in 'bery' and 'e' on the end of 'Banke') -- reportedly named for the strawberries that grew on the bank of the Piscataqua River.
- Strawbery Banke is more than a colonial village -- the interpretation covers 1695 to 1954 through historic houses on their original foundations, heirloom gardens, traditional crafts, and costumed roleplayers who portray the families who lived in the Puddle Dock neighborhood over the past 300 years.
- The historic houses are open May 1 through October 31, from 10 AM to 5 PM.
- The seasonal ice rink, Labrie Family Skate at Puddle Dock Pond is open from December to March, 9 AM to 9 PM, 7 days a week.
- Figtree Kitchen Cafe in the TYCO Visitors Center and Pickwick's at the Banke (the museum gift shop) are located on the museum campus but do not require an admission ticket.
- Admission tickets for the historic houses are valid for two consecutive days.
- For the Dropbox link to a complete press kit, including high-res images, click here.
- 6/10 Strawbery Banke Museum expands Outdoor Music Concert Series, “Tuesdays on the Terrace” through mid-September
- 6/8 Strawbery Banke Museum opens for the Historic House Season on June 19
- 4/26 Strawbery Banke Museum begins the construction of an Abenaki Wigwam to Enhance Interpretation of Local Indigenous Peoples’ History
- 3/11 Strawbery Banke invites the public to experience the museum behind-the-scenes through a free virtual event on March 25
- 1/21 Rink Services Group Thanks Frontline Workers with Free Skating Sessions January 30 at Labrie Family Skate at Puddle Dock Pond
- 1/12 Rink Services Group Helps Keep Portsmouth Skating With $5,000 Match Challenge Fundraiser for Labrie Family Skate at Puddle Dock Pond
- 12/17 Strawbery Banke Museum Awarded $291,000 National Endowment for the Humanities Grant
- 11/20 Strawbery Banke Museum Celebrates $125,000 Grant Award
- 11/6 Labrie Family Skate at Puddle Dock Pond Plans to Open November 27, “Frozen Friday”
- 11/2 Strawbery Banke Presents Virtual Version of 6th Annual Children's Book Festival November 14
- 8/26 Strawbery Banke Museum Goes Virtual Vintage with Fall Events
- 7/29 Strawbery Banke Museum Announces Temporary Closure
- 7/11 Portsmouth Historic Sites Associates present Twilight Tour: Fashion
- 5/23 Strawbery Banke debuts new Horticulture Learning Center
- 4/30 Strawbery Banke presents new exhibit, "People of the Dawnland"
- 4/17 Strawbery Banke begins new season reporting significant results
- 1/16 Strawbery Banke doubles $5000 goal of Rink Services Group Weekend Challenge Fund-raiser for Labrie Family Skate at Puddle Dock Pond
- 1/4 Winter Ice Dances Professional Ice Show scheduled for Feb 3
- 1/2 Strawbery Banke makes important gift to Organ Historical Society
- 11/29 Labrie Family Skate at Puddle Dock Pond opens for 4th Season
- 10/9 38th Annual Candlelight Stroll
- 4/24 "The Painted Past: Unseen objects from the Strawbery Banke Collection exhibit opens May 1
- 3/31 Strawbery Banke presents 2nd Annual Baby Animals: Heritage Breeds at the Banke, Apr 22-30
- 3/20 Volunteers needed for Earth Day Garden Clean-up
- 2/1 Strawbery Banke partners with NH Association for the Blind on interpretive program
- 12/7 Hearth-Cooking Workshops Offered January-March 2017
- 9/15 Strawbery Banke presents 2nd Annual Children's Authors Festival Nov 5
- 8/5 Strawbery Banke presents Vintage & Vine wine festival & silent auction fundraiser
- 7/20 Strawbery Banke Museum presents Portrait of a New England Port, Don Gorvett
- 7/18 Children's Book Party at Strawbery Banke with Sadie
- 7/6 Tuesdays on the Terrace returns to Strawbery Banke
- 6/20 Strawbery Banke opens new Maritime Portsmouth exhibit
- 6/1 An American Celebration at Strawbery Banke on July 4 Weekend
- 3/11 Volunteers needed for Garden Clean-up Day, April 16
- 3/1 Strawbery Banke premieres Spring Barnyard Baby Animals Event
- 3/1 Anonymous Donor allows Labrie Family Skate to reopen Mar 4-6
- 2/23 Labrie Family Skate presents "Skating Stars on the Seacoast" Ice Show
- 2/16 Strawbery Banke receives FEMA grant to upgrade Emergency Response Plan
- 1/7 Eastern Bank donates $10,000 to Heritage House Program
- 12/20 The Boatshop at Strawbery Banke breaks ground
- 11/27 Labrie Family Skate opens for second season
- 11/23 NH Food Bank Launches Winter Harvest Food Drive with Labrie Family Skate
- 11/11 Strawbery Banke Native American Heritage Month Film, "Weaving Worlds"
- 11/11 Strawbery Banke receives $103,982 IMLS grant for Long Range Interpretive Plan
- 10/10 Strawbery Banke presents a family-friendly Halloween event
- 09/25 NH Fall Festival welcomes traditional crafts & heirloom animals to the museum
- 09/27 Free Honey Harvest Demonstration at Strawbery Banke on Oct 17
- 09/24 Strawbery Banke presents 1st Annual Children's Author Festival on Oct 24
- 08/8 Strawbery Banke trustees present Vintage & Vine wine festival and silent auction
- 07/07 Figtree Kitchen opens cafe in Strawbery Banke TYCO Visitors Center
- 07/04 Sue Thoresen presents The Yoyo and the Piggy Bank book reading at Strawbery Banke July 19th
- 06/20 An American Celebration at Strawbery Banke on July 4th
- 06/01 NH Birthday -- residents receive free museum admission
- 05/30 Strawbery Banke is Blue Star Museum: active duty military/families admitted free
- 05/20 Strawbery Banke Announces Contest for Children: Name This Chicken
- 05/05 Patrick Healey: Painting the Banke, 1991-2015 exhibit June 14-July 31,2015
- 04/30 Strawbery Banke receives PlanNH Merit Award
- 04/26 Strawbery Banke presents Preservation Month Speaker Series
- 04/26 Game On! in the Pursuit of Play on Puddle Dock 2015 exhibit opens May 1
- 04/08 Book launch party for Good Morning, Piscataqua! by Wickie Rowland
- 02/19 Labrie Family Skate approved: "Champions on Ice" planned for Mar 7
- 01/31 Strawbery Banke names ice rink "Labrie Family Skate at Puddle Dock Pond"
- 10/24 Strawbery Banke & The Music Hall present 10th Annual Vintage Christmas in Portsmouth
- 10/21 Strawbery Banke History Crawl Series presents Haunted Pubs of Portsmouth Tour 9/8 Volunteer to Create Candlelight Stroll Decorations
- 8/20 Kent Stephens STAGEFORCE & Strawbery Banke present "Saving Portsmouth: The Preservation Crusades of Miss Dorothy Vaughan"
- 7/28 Strawbery Banke presents Tuesdays at the Banke free concert series
- 7/1 Portsmouth Historic Houses welcome visitors to Twilight Tours on Aug 15
- 7/1 Portsmouth Historic Houses celebrate Sail Portsmouth with half-price admission
- 6/20 Strawbery Banke presents Vintage & Vine 2014
- 6/1 An American Celebration at Strawbery Banke on July 4
- 5/12 New Hampshire residents celebrate NH Birthday free at Strawbery Banke
- 4/30 Good Morning Piscataqua book launch party at Strawbery Banke, May 16
- 4/15 Strawbery Banke, 3SArtspace & Japan-America Society of NH present PechaKucha 19 "Suddenly Bloom!"
- 4/15 Strawbery Banke Museum presents "Finding Home: Stories from a Neighborhood of Newcomers" exhibit for 2014
- 4/1 Strawbery Banke welcomes military families as Blue Star Museum 2014
- 3/30 Strawbery Banke debuts virtual classroom for teachers and schoolchildren
- 2/15 "Why Preservation?" Speaker Series at Strawbery Banke
- 1/15 Portsmouth's 1st Fire + Ice Festival brings dog sleds to Strawbery Banke
- 1/10 Strawbery Banke presents "Winter Nights in Pitt Tavern" series
For a recent television feature on Strawbery Banke, please click here.