Come and meet the Ghosts on the Banke at Strawbery Banke’s famous Halloween celebration. Long-dead sea captains, 17th-century shopkeepers, and wayward pirates haunt the streets of Portsmouth’s oldest neighborhood as you trick or treat safely from house to historic house. Tickets available at the door. $8 per person (adult or child over 1-year-old; children 1 or under, free). Half-price admission for members.
Ghosts on the Banke features:
- Safely trick-or-treat. Jack-O-Lanterns light the way to step over the threshold of time and meet the "Ghosts on the Banke." Discover pirate treasure, visit with the wacky witch, look into the future with guidance from the gypsy fortune teller.
- Catch a ghostly tale. Community members bring history back to life with spooky plays, skits, and interactive improvisation throughout the evening.
- Light up the night and warm weary bones by the bonfire.
- Figtree Kitchen Cafe offers seasonal eats, treats, and beverages in the TYCO Visitors Center.
- Pickwick's at the Banke museum store is decorated for Halloween, with all sorts of magic happening!
Click here to view a video of Ghosts on the Banke at Strawbery Banke Museum.
Parking at the Museum is reserved for HANDICAP ONLY during designated special events. All other visitors should utilize off-site parking. For a downloadable PDF map of public parking, click here.*
Many thanks to the 2019 Ghosts on the Banke Sponsors: