Employment at Strawbery Banke Museum
Strawbery Banke Museum is a comfortable and progressive workplace where staff members work as a team to provide the highest quality experience for visitors. The importance of each individual employee's contributions to the success of the museum cannot be overstated. Strawbery Banke Museum's goal is for the employment experience to be mutually beneficial and gratifying.
- Positive, collegial attitude and ability to work cooperatively with others at all levels of the organization including direct reports, colleagues, supervisors, volunteers, and visitors of all ages, abilities, and cultural backgrounds.
- Strawbery Banke is committed to fostering a workplace that is truly equitable, inclusive, and accessible for a diverse group of staff, volunteers, and visitors. It is an essential requirement that every Museum staff member actively contributes to a culture of empathy, dignity, trust, and respect. Each person at Strawbery Banke agrees to proactively prevent and address issues such as unconscious bias, harassment, gender disparity, racial inequity, political divisiveness, and barriers to accessibility.
- President, Full-time
The president works with the Strawbery Banke staff and board of trustees to create the vision for the future. The president fosters a culture of active collaboration, among the staff and with the board, in service of the mission and to ensure that the organization’s programs and activities leverage and amplify
one another. In addition, they bring rigorous business and operational discipline to the organization, ensuring that the Museum continues to operate with financial prudence. **Please note special application instructions for the President position.** Click here to learn more.
- Parking Lot Attendant, Seasonal (hours vary), Hourly.
Provide directions and other assistance as requested, collect parking fees and ensure accurate and secure cash handling as well as monitor the parking lot and assist with traffic flow as needed. Click here to learn more.
- Visitor Services Associate, Seasonal (hours vary), Hourly.
Greet visitors from all over the world as they arrive at Strawbery Banke; sell admission tickets, memberships, and merchandise; and provide visitors with the information they need to start their tour of the museum. Click here to learn more. Click here to learn more.
- Historical Interpreter, Seasonal (hours vary), Hourly.*
Using Strawbery Banke’s buildings, collections, landscapes, and written resources, promote the Museum’s mission to share the ongoing history of a seaport neighborhood, celebrating the lives of ordinary individuals and the value of community by helping museum visitors engage with the past. Click here to learn more.*Anyone hired after 7/15/22 must be able to finish out the Historic House Season, ending 10/31/22