Due to COVID-19, An American Celebration is postponed until 2022.
A VIRTUAL AMERICAN CELEBRATION
Celebrate American heritage and Independence Day with a Virtual American Celebration. Meet a centuries-spanning range of historic interpreters. Past participants in “American Lives: A Timeline of American History” have provided videos of their living history and costumed re-enactments, presenting American history from 1637 to 1945.
Click here for a special presentation of selections from the Declaration of Independence by members of the NH Congressional Delegation.
Enter the event!
In place of admission, please consider making a tax-deductible gift to the Strawbery Banke Fund.
Guest reenactors and performers include:
- Salem Trayned Band, discussing the settlement of the Massachusetts Bay Colony, 1637
- Tammy Denease, portraying Joan Jackson, 1710
- His Majesty's Tenth Regiment of Foot, Infantry unit of the British Army during the Revolution, 1775
- Jay MacDougall, portraying John Stavers, 1777
- Susan Fineman, discussing the history of one-room schoolhouses in NH, 1830s-1910s
- Nancy Dickinson, portraying Sarah Parker Rice Goodwin, 1870
- NE Woman Suffrage Association: Puddle Dock Chapter, showcasing Women's Suffrage, 1916
- Maddie Beihl, portraying Sarah Shapiro, 1919
- Amy Warnock, portraying Martha Smith Kimball, 1920
- Bloody Historical, communication during WWII, 1945
Bottomline Technologies Piscataqua Savings Bank Piscataqua Dental Partners
NEW & NOTEWORTHY
Historical Fiction Writing Virtual Homeschool Program
Tuesdays, Nov. 2-30, 2021, 9-10 AM
Learn the art of creative writing through the lens of history. Working with a professional author, students hone their writing skills, use real historical primary and secondary sources, and develop their imaginations.
Saturday, November 13, 2021, 10 AM-6 PM
Strawbery Banke Museum hosts the 2021 Dawnland StoryFest, New Hampshire's Annual Indigenous Storytelling Festival. This year's festival is held online via Zoom and is dedicated in memory of Wolf Song, a well-respected and much loved Vermont Abenaki traditional storyteller. Free to attend. Suggested donation of $10. Preregistration required.
Learn to Skate Session 1 Enrollment
Registration begins Monday, November 1, 2021, at 10 AM
Learn to Skate programs at Labrie Family Skate at Puddle Dock Pond are held on the outdoor ice rink at Strawbery Banke Museum. Lessons are taught by Lisa Langley, professional skating instructor.
Candlelight Stroll Under the Stars
Dec. 4, 5, 11, 12, 18, 19, 2021.
An outdoor-only experience to be held in rain, snow, or starlight. For the second year, Strawbery Banke presents "Candlelight Stroll Under the Stars," focusing on the lights, wreaths, roleplayers, and magic on the exteriors of the Museum's historic buildings. Covid-19 protocols followed. Ticket sales begin 11/3/21 at 10 AM.