Welcome to Strawbery Banke Museum:
View or download a site map of the museum here.
A visit to the museum begins in the Lawrence J. Yerdon Visitors Center located next to the main parking lot at 14 Hancock Street, Portsmouth NH. The Lawrence J. Yerdon Visitors Center holds the main ticket desk, an orientation film, and greeters with maps and suggestions for your self-guided tour. The Lawrence J. Yerdon Visitors Center also holds ADA-accessible restrooms, & outdoor terrace, and the Muriel Howells Lecture Hall where many museum and other programs are presented.
- From either I-95N or I-95S, take exit 7 (downtown Portsmouth)
- At the end of the ramp, head south towards the center of Portsmouth: left if coming from the north, right if coming from the south.
- Proceed approximately one mile, through one traffic light, to a yellow blinking light. At this blinking light veer to the right onto Russell Street. At the stop sign at the end of Russell Street, take a right.
- At the next intersection, make a left turn onto Maplewood Ave. Stay in the left lane and go through 2 sets of lights. At the third set of lights take a left onto State Street.
- Get into the right-hand lane on State Street. Go through 2 sets of lights and continue to the stop sign where State Street intersects with Marcy Street.
- Take a right onto Marcy Street. (Prescott Park will be on the left-hand side). Proceed on Marcy Street, past The Puddle Dock Restaurant, and take the next right, which is Hancock Street. The Strawbery Banke Museum parking lot is on your immediate right. Museum ticketing is in the Lawrence J. Yerdon Visitors Center, conveniently located adjacent to the parking lot.