Welcome to Strawbery Banke Museum:
View or download a site map of the museum here.
A visit to the museum begins in the TYCO Visitors Center located next to the main parking lot at 14 Hancock Street, Portsmouth NH. The TYCO Visitors Center holds the main ticket desk, an orientation film, and greeters with maps and suggestions for your self-guided tour. The TYCO Visitors Center also holds ADA-accessible restrooms, & outdoor terrace, and the Muriel Howells Lecture Hall where many museum and other programs are presented.
- From either I-95N or I-95S, take exit 7 (downtown Portsmouth)
- At the end of the ramp, head south towards the center of Portsmouth: left if coming from the north, right if coming from the south.
- Proceed approximately one mile, through one traffic light, to a yellow blinking light. At this blinking light veer to the right onto Russell Street. At the stop sign at the end of Russell Street, take a right.
- At the next intersection, make a left turn onto Maplewood Ave. Stay in the left lane and go through 2 sets of lights. At the third set of lights take a left onto State Street.
- Get into the right-hand lane on State Street. Go through 2 sets of lights and continue to the stop sign where State Street intersects with Marcy Street.
- Take a right onto Marcy Street. (Prescott Park will be on the left-hand side). Proceed on Marcy Street, past The Puddle Dock Restaurant, and take the next right, which is Hancock Street. The Strawbery Banke Museum parking lot is on your immediate right. Museum ticketing is in the TYCO Visitors Center, conveniently located adjacent to the parking lot.
NEW & NOTEWORTHY
2021 Historic House Season
Daily through Sunday, October 17, 2021,
10 AM-5 PM.
Explore over 300+ years of history, from Indigenous history to the present day, in the Puddle Dock neighborhood. Tour historic houses on original foundations, meet costumed roleplayers, watch traditional crafts demonstrations and explore heirloom gardens.
Vintage & Vine Online Auction
Now through Sunday, October 10, 2021
Browse, Bid, and Buy popular and exclusive items in the 2021 Vintage & Vine Online Silent Auction. Whether shopping for yourself or getting a headstart on the holidays, there is something for everyone.
Ghosts on the Banke - A Family-Friendly Halloween Event
BOTH NIGHTS SOLD OUT!
Trick-or-treat safely outdoors from house to historic house with Jack-o'-lanterns lighting the way of Portsmouth's oldest waterfront neighborhood. COVID-19 precautions followed.
Saturday, November 13, 2021, 10 AM-6 PM
Strawbery Banke Museum hosts the 2021 Dawnland StoryFest, New Hampshire's Annual Indigenous Storytelling Festival. This year's festival is held online via Zoom and is dedicated in memory of Wolf Song, a well-respected and much loved Vermont Abenaki traditional storyteller. Free to attend. Suggested donation of $10. Preregistration required.
Historical Fiction Writing Virtual Homeschool Program
Tuesdays, Nov. 2-30, 2021, 9-10 AM
Learn the art of creative writing through the lens of history. Working with a professional author, students hone their writing skills, use real historical primary and secondary sources, and develop their imaginations.