Strawbery Banke Museum will reopen for the 2020 season on Wednesday, July 1st with a re-imagined visitor experience. Please click here to learn more.
Before visiting the museum, please CLICK HERE to read Strawbery Banke's COVID-19 precautions. In addition, Strawbery Banke Museum is continuing to monitor and follow the guidance of the CDC, the NH Department of Health and Human Services, and Portsmouth’s Health Officer.
WELCOME TO STRAWBERY BANKE MUSEUM!
View or download a site map of the museum here.
A visit to the museum begins in the TYCO Visitors Center located next to the main parking lot at 14 Hancock Street, Portsmouth NH. The TYCO Visitors Center holds the main ticket desk, an orientation film, and greeters with maps and suggestions for your self-guided tour. The TYCO Visitors Center also holds ADA-accessible restrooms, Figtree Kitchen Cafe & outdoor terrace, and the Muriel Howells Lecture Hall where many museum and other programs are presented.
GPS Coordinates for Strawbery Banke Museum: N43°4.4919, W070°45.198
- From either I-95N or I-95S, take exit 7 (downtown Portsmouth)
- At the end of the ramp, head south towards the center of Portsmouth: left if coming from the north, right if coming from the south.
- Proceed approximately one mile, through one traffic light, to a yellow blinking light. At this blinking light veer to the right onto Russell Street. At the stop sign at the end of Russell Street, take a right.
- At the next intersection, make a left turn onto Maplewood Ave. Stay in the left lane and go through 2 sets of lights. At the third set of lights take a left onto State Street.
- Get into the right-hand lane on State Street. Go through 2 sets of lights and continue to the stop sign where State Street intersects with Marcy Street.
- Take a right onto Marcy Street. (Prescott Park will be on the left-hand side). Proceed on Marcy Street, past Mombo Restaurant and take the next right, which is Hancock Street. The Strawbery Banke Museum parking lot is on your immediate right. Museum ticketing is in the TYCO Visitors Center, conveniently located adjacent to the parking lot.