December 2020 Update: Ticket sales begin at 9 AM for same-day paid public skating sessions. No online or phone reservations available.
Labrie Family Skate at Puddle Dock Pond COVID-19 Precautions and Protocols:
The protocols for skating are consistent with the precautions Strawbery Banke has followed all season:
- All visitors to the museum are required to maintain a safe distance of at least 6 feet from others outside their households at all times.
- Practice frequent hand hygiene/washing.
- All visitors are required to wear a cloth face covering over mouth and nose, both on and off the ice.
Rink Capacity/Physical Distancing:
- To comply with physical-distancing guidelines and 50% rink capacity, public skating occurs in timed sessions with admission tickets on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Tape is laid out on the TYCO Visitors Center floor to indicate a 6-foot distance.
- Seating is spaced following physical-distancing guidelines throughout the TYCO Visitors Center and the outdoor patio, which was expanded by approximately 500 sq feet.
- Rink rentals follow all COVID-19 protocols.
Cleaning/Sanitizing: The museum has taken extra precautions in terms of cleaning and sanitizing:
- Ample time is built into the ice schedule between each skating session/private rental for cleaning and sanitizing frequently touched services, restrooms, skates, etc.
- Skaters MUST wait outside the building until 10 minutes prior to a skating session, even if they purchased tickets, and must leave the building/patio area NO LATER than 10 minutes after a skating session concludes for cleaning/sanitization. Arriving 10 minutes before a session does NOT guarantee space is available. It is highly encouraged to pick up tickets at the start of the day.
- Hand sanitizer is readily available for visitor use.
- Skaters are now able to purchase tickets for any same-day paid skating session at the beginning of each day. This is not applicable for free skate. Free Skate tickets are sold no more than 10 minutes before the start of the session.
- Figtree Kitchen café is closed for the season and unable to provide food/beverage service.