Portsmouth Historic Sites Associates present Annual Twilight Tour
Friday, August 9 from 4:30 to 8 pm
For just one evening every year, eight of Portsmouth’s historic house museums open their doors and gardens for the Twilight Tour. Presented by Portsmouth Historic Sites Associates, the event takes place 4:30-8 pm on Friday, August 9. To make this evening memorable, the theme is “Fashion” as each site offers a special focus: brief talks on collections, storytelling, short plays, and light refreshments.
Each ticket is good for one admission to each of the participating sites on the night of the Twilight Tour and is also valid for the balance of the 2019 season for admission to any houses that visitors don’t get to on the night of the Tour. The Twilight Tour ticket is also good for two-for-one admission to the USS Albacore and sail on the gundalow Piscataqua for the remainder of the season (these two sites are not participating in the Twilight Tour on August 9th. Ticket prices are Adult $20; child $8 in advance (online or in-person); Adult $25 and child $10 at the door. The total value of each ticket is $88.50.
Proceeds of the tour benefit the member sites of the Portsmouth Historic Sites Associates, Inc. (PHSA), and PHSA joint programming.
Participating in the Twilight Tour are:
- Strawbery Banke Museum, Chase House (1762) Enter at 14 Hancock Street
- Wentworth-Gardner House (1760), 150 Mechanic Street
- Historic New England’s Governor John Langdon House (1784), 143 Pleasant Street and the Rundlet-May House (1807), 364 Middle Street
- Warner House (1716), corner of Daniel and Chapel Streets.
- John Paul Jones House (1758), 43 Middle Street (corner of Middle and State Streets)
- Moffatt-Ladd House & Gardens (1763), 154 Market Street.
- Wentworth-Coolidge Mansion (1750), 375 Little Harbor Road (take the complimentary van from Strawbery Banke Museum or the Rundlet May House – not in walking distance of downtown). Featuring tours of the house over the centuries of three families as occupants: Gov. Wentworth, the Cushing family and John Templeman Coolidge.
Tickets are: Adults: $25 ($20 in advance) and Children 12 and under: $10 ($8 in advance) and are available online from the Strawbery Banke Museum website (www.strawberybanke.org/tickets), or in person at the John Paul Jones House Museum at 43 State Street and each of the member museums. To reach any historic site visit www.portsmouthhistoric.org, or visit the Facebook page.