Strawbery Banke Museum is a comfortable and progressive workplace where staff members work as a team to provide the highest quality experience for our visitors. Strawbery Banke Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Join the Museum team and help share Portsmouth/Seacoast history with visitors from all over the world!
Campaign Assistant (part-time position)
Reports to Director of Development; indirect reporting to the Assistant to the President/HR Coordinator. This is a part-time position (flexible, depending on candidate’s schedule); not to exceed 29 hours/week. Nonexempt. Hourly.
The Campaign Assistant will work closely with the Director of Development in organizing, managing and executing a vigorous, coherent and well-planned major gift campaign. S/he will report to the Director of Development , with an indirect reporting to the Assistant to the President/HR Coordinator as well as the President of the Museum, and campaign leadership.
The Campaign Assistant will work in tandem with the organization’s Development team to assess fundraising opportunities and play a critical role in conceiving, planning, implementing and fundraising for SBM’s Major Gift Campaign.
Responsibilities fall under two broad categories:
1. Administrative Support for the Major Gift Campaign;
2. Prospect research, identification, cultivation, and event management.
1. Administrative Support:
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of the Director of Development (the Director) with staff, Trustees, and others on matters related to the President’s initiatives and museum programs.
- Review, proofread, edit, and compose documents.
- Schedule and coordinate Campaign Steering Committee meetings, take accurate and detailed minutes during Campaign Steering Committee meetings, and coordinate campaign materials.
- Work closely and effectively with the Director to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities.
- Research, attend to, and follow up on issues and concerns addressed to the Director, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion.
- Answer and route phone calls, mail, and email messages and disseminate information as requested.
- Contribute to the overall success of the museum by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
2. Prospect Research, Identification, Cultivation, and Event Management:
- Work with SBM leadership to oversee and implement donor awareness and cultivation events including but not limited to:
o Plan and coordinate hosted events at key stakeholder homes, offices etc.
o Plan and coordinate special cultivation events at SBM.
o Tours of SBM including for VIPs.
o Utilize donor software (Raisers Edge NXT and DonorSearch) to research, rate and rank prospects.
- Oversee planning and implementation of the campaign public launch and other community phase outreach, education and awareness events.
- Oversee planning and implementation of campaign celebration event.
- Write proposals.
- Prospect research, and writing profiles of prospects to be used by the President and Director of Development in preparation for prospect meetings.
- Schedule appointments with prospects, trustees, National Council members, in coordination with the calendars of the President and Director of Development.
- Experience providing high-level administrative support
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities with high attention to detail
- Ability to use initiative, work independently, and use good judgement
- Flexible and adaptable to changing activities and work loads
- Strong computer skills
Hours & Benefits
- Hours are TBD. Some evening and weekend work is required for meetings and events. SBM is a flexible work environment, respectful of the work/life balance.
- Paid time off includes vacation, sick, and personal days (quantity depends on number of hours worked/week), as well as holidays that fall on regularly scheduled work days.
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with 3% match.
- Flexible Spending Account for health expenses
- Strawbery Banke Museum membership benefits
To Apply for this position:
EMAIL resume and cover letter to SBMHR@strawberybanke.org
Strawbery Banke Museum job postings appear throughout the year. For more information about employment at Strawbery Banke Museum please contact:
Strawbery Banke Museum
PO Box 300
Portsmouth, NH 03802