Strawbery Banke Presents Interactive Hearth-Cooking Workshops
This two-hour, hands-on experience teaches participants culinary history, traditional recipes, how to churn fresh butter and hearth techniques. Highlighted by Yankee Magazine in their Guide to Simple Living, the workshop offers various seasonal, enticing menus.
Each workshop is offered on a Saturday, 11 am to 1 pm and is limited to 10 participants. The cost is $65 per person (Members receive a $10 discount.)
Click here to register.
- January 14: beef stew in a ‘pastry coffin’ and pumpkin pie using both dried and fresh pumpkin.
- January 28: roast pork, applesauce, roasted root vegetables and lemon pie.
- February 11: chicken and wine, roasted root vegetables, chocolate tart or Queens pudding.
- February 25: pork and apple pie, 3-grain bread, and gingerbread.
- March 11: corned beef and boiled vegetables, Irish soda bread, apple pie
- March 25: "salmon on a plank," parsnip pancakes, "potato eggs" (pancakes), lemon tarts.
- April 8: flounder pie, bread, spinach with vinegar and currants, rhubarb pie.
- *April 22: pancakes, frittata with vegetables, sausage, toast
*Designed for children 10-17 (must be accompanied by adults)